Community Relations and Social Media Marketing
Employer The Arts Area
Location Ontario, CA - May Work Remotely
Job Type Internship
Deadline open until filled
The Arts Area is seeking a dynamic intern for Community Relations and Social Media Marketing.
Events and Community Relations duties
• Representing The Arts Area, attend The Arts Area events, including artist receptions, educational workshops, pop-up galleries, and other activities sponsored by The Arts Area (schedule negotiated with supervisor)
• Solicit and document guest testimonials, capture photos and videos at events (The Arts Area events will have sign-in release forms, other events will require on-site capture of information. Other volunteers for The Arts Area will assist with duties.)
• Assist with the development of Event recaps, including sharing event photos and videos, guest testimonials, and artist statements
Internet and Social Media marketing duties
• Assist The Arts Area volunteers and Board members develop successful community engagement tools using social media, including surveys, event and/or artist-related polls, etc.
• Assist with the development of Artist profiles and Partner Spotlights, using information found in The Arts Area online directory
• Schedule weekly Partner Spotlights, event promotions (recaps, promotions, and announcements), volunteer opportunity announcements, and other social media posts
• Post a minimum of ten (10) promotional messages (re: polls, event promotions/recaps, photo/video-posting, etc.) scheduled and sent per week using The Arts Area social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and online directory
Please complete the volunteer application form at https://theartsarea.org/volunteer-signup