The Arts Area @ Ontario Festival of the Arts
Organization The Arts Area
Location Ontario, CA
Type Open Call
Entry Fee Free for selected artists. The regular $75.00 fee will be sponsored by The Arts Area!
Deadline For The Arts Area booths August 17, 2018 (regular attendees deadline July 27)
Festival Date Saturday, September 15, 2018, 11 AM to 6 PM
The Arts Area is sponsoring booths at the Ontario Festival of the Arts for our members!
The Ontario Festival of the Arts brings visual and performing artists together with an audience to demonstrate that art is accessible and brings value to everyday life. For visual artists, the Festival will create a market place for functional, decorative and visual artists to display and sell their work. The Festival will be extensively advertised to attract a suitable audience.
The event will be held on the east end of the Ontario Arts District (200 block of South Lemon Avenue in Ontario. Surrounding the campuses of the Ontario Museum of History & Art and Chaffey Community Museum of Art).
Festival Date and Hours: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 11 AM to 6 PM
The Arts Area Application Deadline: August 17, 2018 (regular attendees deadline July 27)
Booth Rental Fee: Free for selected artists. The regular $75.00 fee will be sponsored by The Arts Area!
Application Requirements for The Arts Area Selection:
Artists must submit an application for selection to participate in The Arts Area sponsored booths at the Ontario Festival of the Arts. Selected artists must be members of The Arts Area (free membership). As part of the application process, artists must provide a short bio, a description of the artwork to be sold (see media categories below), and a website link to a minimum of six (6) images of what will be sold. If possible, please include a photo showing the scope and presentation of art that will be in the booth. The images will be reviewed by a jury. Artists will be asked during the application process to certify that the images submitted are their original work and were created by them. Booths will include a 10′ x 10′ canopy, one table and two chairs. Each booth may accommodate the work of one or two artists, depending on media type and size.
- Please email the above application information to email@example.com
Festival Art Requirements: All art must be original and made by the artist in attendance. Limited edition prints signed by the artist are permitted. Commercially-created items (such as coffee mugs or jewelry) that the artist has only enhanced are not permitted. Works of art will be inspected at Festival check-in and periodically throughout the Festival for conformance to this requirement.
Media Categories: 2-Dimensional
- Drawing/illustration: work created in graphite, charcoal, colored pencil or crayon.
- Digital art: work for which the original image or the manipulation of other source material was created by the artist using a computer.
- Graphics and printmaking: printed works of art for which the artist hand-manipulated the plates, stones or screens. All works must be signed and numbered as limited editions. Giclees will be permitted if they are accurately identified and signed by the artist.
- Mixed media: work that incorporates more than one type of material for production.
- Painting: work created in oil, acrylic, watercolor, encaustic or collage.
- Photography: photographic prints made from the artist’s original image and processed by the artists or under the artist’s direct supervision.
Media Categories: 3-Dimensional
- Ceramics and pottery: functional or decorative works of clay or porcelain made and signed by the artist. No commercially-produced ceramics merely enhanced by the artist is permitted.
- Fiber: work crafted from fibers. No form of mass production is permitted.
- Found objects/assemblage: original work created from found objects.
- Glass: work handcrafted by the artist. No commercially-produced glass merely enhanced by the artist is permitted.
- Jewelry: items handcrafted by the artist from any material. No commercially-produced jewelry merely enhanced by the artist is permitted.
- Leather: items handcrafted by the artist. No commercially-produced leather items merely enhanced by the artist is permitted.
- Sculpture: original work created from any medium.
- Wood: original work that is hand-tooled, turned or carved. No commercially-produced woodwork merely enhanced by the artist is permitted.
Artist Selection Process: A jury from The Arts Area will review the applications between August 18 and July 21. If approved, artists will be notified by The Arts Area.
Selected Artists must sign an agreement that the undersigned (“Artist”) represents and warrants that Artist has read, understands and is voluntarily and knowingly agreeing to each of the following:
- If Artist’s application is accepted, Artist agrees to abide by all rules, policies, and decisions of the City of Ontario as they relate to the art that is being displayed and/or the terms of Artist’s participation in the Ontario Festival of the Arts.
- All images that are submitted and Art that is subsequently exhibited at the Ontario Festival of the Arts shall be Art that was created entirely by the Artist.
- Artist hereby authorizes the use of any and all images or depictions of Artist’s work submitted through the jury process in connection with promotional efforts related to The Arts Area and the Ontario Festival of the Arts in any and all forms of media including without limitation print advertisements, television advertisements and Internet displays. Acceptance to the Ontario Festival of the Arts does not guarantee Artist’s inclusion in any promotional materials.
- Artist and Artist's art and personal property are not insured by the City of Ontario nor The Arts Area. Artist is solely responsible for any injuries Artist incurs in connection with the Ontario Festival of the Arts and for any damage that is done to Artist’s Art or personal property and will obtain personal insurance, if needed.
- In exchange for permission to participate in Ontario Festival of the Arts, Artist agrees to indemnify, release, forever discharge and hold harmless The Arts Area, the City of Ontario, all sponsoring organizations, and each of their elected officials, directors, officers, employees, agents and volunteers from any responsibility, personal liability, claims, loss or damage of any kind, or expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising out of or related to Artists application to and participation in the Ontario Festival of the Arts. This includes but is not limited to special, direct, indirect incidental or consequential damages for injuries of any kind, including but not limited to loss of life or limbs, loss of personal or business income, physical damages, or any other loss whether or not foreseeable. Neither Artist, nor anyone acting on the Artist’s behalf will bring or maintain any suit in any court to assert a claim against The Arts Area nor the City of Ontario, its elected officials, directors, officers agents, employees or other person, for any claim that Artist might have arising out of Artists application to or participation in the Ontario Festival of the Arts.
Artist Participation: Accepted artists must arrive by 9:30 AM on September 15 for check-in and booth setup. Booth take-down must be completed by 7 PM. The Arts Area booth locations will be assigned by the Festival Committee and may not be changed. Assistance will be provided as needed to help artists unload and take exhibit materials to your respective booth. Artists must exhibit for the entire Festival (11 AM to 6 PM) and staff the booth at all times during Festival hours. The Arts Area staff may provide coverage if needed for a short relief period. Artists are responsible for the security of their work during Festival hours, check-in and take-down. Neither the Ontario Festival of the Arts, the City of Ontario, nor The Arts Area will assume responsibility for any loss or damage from any cause to any artistic works or display materials. Artists are responsible for payment of taxes to any city, county, state or federal agency. All participating artists must have a current seller’s permit (available online from the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration) or as a member have the option to have sales conducted by The Arts Area. Artists will keep 100% of their sales transactions — the Festival will not take a commission on sales.
Pets: No pets allowed in booths or on Festival grounds.
For more information about the Ontario Festival of the Arts, please visit the festival information page or contact The Arts Area, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists who are not members of The Arts Area or who wish to apply for their own booth independently, can do so directly through the Ontario Festival of the Arts application by July 27, 2018 for a fee of $75.