THE ARTS AREA @ CASA Pitzer
Organization The Arts Area
Location Ontario, CA
Type Open Call
Entry Fee n/a
As part of our community partnership with Pitzer College, The Arts Area is curating a series of exhibitions and artist talks exploring themes of social justice, personal identity, and equity within our local Inland Empire communities. The Arts Area invites artists to submit proposals with their artwork on these themes.
The exhibitions are hosted at CASA Pitzer at 200 S. Euclid Ave., Suite B, in Ontario, CA.
- Artworks should be no larger than 50"x50" and no heavier than 25 pounds.
- The exhibitions are hung on a wire track system in a forty-foot (40') long space. All framed or stretched artworks should have a wire for hanging. If artwork is not framed, provide appropriate clips for hanging.
- All submissions must represent the actual artwork as closely as possible. If your work is misrepresented in anyway, we reserve the right to refuse to hang the artwork if it should be chosen for an exhibition.
- All artworks must be original work of the artist and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The artist must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained written permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 18 are featured. Artist is fully responsible to obtain all model or property releases.
- Artists grant The Arts Area the right to use or publish images of their work to promote the art exhibition, future call for entries, videos, and events. All accepted entries will be placed on this website or blog and other social media sites. Artists maintain copyright.
- Each exhibition will be displayed for approximately two months.
- A public artist talk and reception will be held within the first two weeks of the exhibition.
Submit your exhibition proposal (max 200 words) on a theme of social justice, personal identity, or equity; along with your CV and links to view four to six images of your artwork online to firstname.lastname@example.org