Performing Arts/Box Office Technician
Employer Chaffey College
Location Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Job Type Classified Contract
Salary $3,298.00 Monthly
Deadline 12/29/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, provides responsible clerical and administrative support within the Visual and Performing Arts Division; oversees Theatre Box Office operations, including ticket orders, reconciliation of daily sales, management and coordination of front of house, training ushers, and maintaining online ticketing system; participate in marketing and promotional activities, including maintaining VPA websites, social media, and the creation of annual promotional materials, posters, and programs; perform general clerical duties as assigned.
- May collaborate with the faculty, staff, and dean in the School of the Visual and Performing Arts and with Marketing to develop publicity campaigns and to promote School and campus-wide events.
- Work closely with the Dean, Visual and Performing Arts and Marketing in the production of radio, television, newspaper and other promotional material.
- May work closely with Marketing in the designs of advertising copy and advertise events in multiple platforms to facilitate attendance.
- Work with the faculty, staff, and dean to promote special events, manage ticket availability, and oversee season ticket and other promotional programs.
- Receive and process counter, phone, web, online, and mail ticket orders/distribution.
- Maintain and oversee printed and online ticketing systems.
- Reconcile cash sales/receipts and follow through with Accounting Services for the depositing of funds accordingly.
- Oversee concessions and associated budgets.
- Train ushers, establish usher protocols, and oversee student workers assisting with the front of house.
- Facilitate and manage the front of house, including coordinating with directors, stage managers, and Theater staff.
- Perform duties for the Visual and Performing Arts Dean's office, such as answering phones, helping students, filing, copying, delivering office mail, preparing absence reports, assisting with time sheets.
- Other related duties as assigned.