Executive Director (Part-Time)
Employer Arts Connection, the Arts Council for San Bernardino County
Location San Bernardino, CA
Job Type Executive Director
Salary Salary unspecified
This is an exempt part time position based upon 20 hours per week.
The Executive Director for Arts Connection serves at the pleasure of the organization’s Board of Directors. The Executive Director’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational sustainability while forwarding the mission and goals of the agency as established by the Board.
Specific duties include:
· Organizational Management and Administration: Responsible for timely and accurate filing of all applicable taxes, licenses, insurances, and documents essential to the proper fiscal and legal operation of the agency. Manages membership records and related member mailings. Coordinates, maintains and develops the artsconnection.org website.
· Strengthening the Financial and Community Position of the Agency: Develops partnerships appropriate to the agency’s mission which will provide financial or community visibility. Activities may include: public relations support, fiscal receivership, development of consortiums or focus groups to strengthen the arts community. More significance is given to activities which will provide longer term support for the agency.
· Grants and Grants Management: Seeks and submits relevant grant applications to increase organizational capacity, manages budgeted expenses and grants reporting. Adheres to grant guidelines and timelines. Additionally, seeks multi-agency grant opportunities by identifying and collaborating with partners appropriate to the mission of the agency.Advocacy: Strengthen the inclusion, expression, and support of arts through our region by scheduling and attending, with Board member, targeted meetings with specific government and major business representatives in line with established strategic goals.
· Develop the Organization: Collaborates with the Board to develop position descriptions for the addition of future human resources necessary to advance the organization within established goals and budget parameters.
· Events Management: Works with the Board to develop Annual Conference, cultural planning events and activities as necessitated for Grants, Advocacy, and other functions of the mission. Serves as manager of these events at the direction of the Board.
· Networking: Represents the organization at targeted local arts events based upon board direction and available hours.
· Supervise Staff: Manage assistants, volunteers and consulting staff.
* Candidates must be able to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Photoshop