The Arts Area hosted a professional development workshop on art portfolio preparation and critique on May 17, 2018. A panel of art professionals lead a discussion, answered questions, and provided portfolio feedback to the artists in attendance. We cannot thank the panelists enough for so generously sharing their time and experience:
- RACHEL LACHOWICZ, Chair of the Art Department, Claremont Graduate University
- JENNIFER FRIAS, Director of Education and Academic Programs, UCR ARTSblock
- ALISON PETTY RAGGUETTE, Professor of Art and Associate Chair, CSU San Bernardino
- ERIKA HIRUGAMI, Founder and CEO, CuratorLove
- ERIC TENORIO, Photographer
Attendees also received a preview of Identity, the inaugural exhibition of our community partnership with Pitzer in Ontario. This exhibition featured the work of artists Natassja Herrera and Efrain Torres. The series of exhibitions hosted at CASA Ontario explore themes of social justice, personal identity, and equity within our community. Become an exhibition sponsor.